A Watch Love Story

By steambunz - Monday, November 01, 2010


Jennifer knew it was his habit to look at his watch every so often. That's why a watch would be a perfect present for his 24th birthday. A perfect replacement for his old one.

It was not any simple wrist watch that a person could buy from in the cheap night market. It was a couple watch. The brown smooth leather strip and the soft ticks from the watch gave it an outstanding look on it.Wrapped in a small decorative container and on top of that, a fancy ribbon on it.

She walks out from the shop and heads straight to the entrance mall. It was 7.23pm on her pink watch.
She was on time. She couldn't wait to see the look on his surprised face.

"Hey there beautiful." A voice said.

Jennifer turns around and was greeted with a wide grin on his face.

"Hey handsome! Happy birthday," Jennifer greeted and gives him a big birthday hug.

She takes out the small box and handed it to him.
"Here! Your birthday present," she grins.

"Aww...you shouldn't have. Thank you so much my dear," he says and gives her a peck on her cheek.

"Let's sit over there by the bench," he says. "I can't wait to see what's inside."

After settling down, he opens the box and was astounded from what was inside. Yes, it was indeed the watch she bought earlier. It was the same type of watch she was wearing, except it was in blue in colour.

"This is the greatest birthday present my dear," he says and gives her a kiss on the cheek again.

Jennifer smile.
"Go ahead. Try it on," she urged.

He carefully took out the watch, and instead of wearing on the left side of his wrist, he wore it on the right side.

But, there was something that Jennifer was curious about.
She was curious about him for wearing most of his watches on his right hand side instead on his left.
She was pretty sure he was a right-handed person. And right-handed people always wear their watches on their left side, no?

"It looks great!" He praised but noticed the trouble look on her face.
"What's the matter my dear? What's troubling you?"

"Erm...well...," Jennifer hesitated. "Just wondering...why do you wear your watches on your right hand side instead on your left?"

He pause for a moment, took a deep breath and smiles.
"Well you see, you would have happen to know that I've a habit of looking at my watch every so often," he started.
"So, this annoy me so much that I have to wear it on my right hand."

Jennifer was confused. "Why is it annoying to you?" she ask.

"Hmm...well, to look at the time, I would have to lift up my hands to look at the time, right?"

She nods her head.

"Well, if I have the chance to hold that someone's special hand, I would want to hold her hand, as long as I can, without letting it go. So, that's why I would want to wear my watch on the right hand side instead of the left hand side. So that I could hold onto your hands, without letting it go, and as well as to look at the time." He smiles.

He took her right hand into his. Holding her hands firmly.
She was stun by his romantic words and felt her heart melt instantly.

"But, time is precious you know. Because time is money," he added on. "And time is for healing, and as well as loving."

He smiles.

- End -

***

Does this story sounds familiar to you? If you think it is, then yes, you're absolutely right! 'Coz this story was written in one of my chapters in "Can I Help You", chapter 6. It is a sad thing because I won't be writing on it any longer, and the idea was thrown away just for that story. I decide to re-write on it so many could read on it.
This idea was inspired by one of my special friend, who was once belonged to my heart.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums