Death On The First Day Of School

By steambunz - Tuesday, January 04, 2011

By the time I got down from the bus, it had stopped raining. And, just there and then, I just received the news that a schoolmate of mine had just passed away due to cancer.
My heart skipped a beat. There were a million questions running in my head.

She was like every other average girl in school. She was nice, and she had this sweet smile on her face every time.
I have always seen her in school with her friends, but I'd never talk to her much before. Just a hi-bye friend.
And, there and then. BAM! Reality hits you in the face, and she's gone.

It's funny how we never realize the people that we always see in school, until we realize that their gone. I guess, I never appreciated the people around me enough. And, there I was, complaining about the messy schedule, the bus, the rain, and the traffic jam.

For this, I should say, to all my friends. Stop complaining about your life and how bad it is. Start living now, and appreciate the  people around you. Just someday, one day, they'll be gone.

Rest In Piece my friend, Low Hui Yee.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 dim sums

  1. I totally understand how you feel. my friend left us all when he was only 13. :C

    ReplyDelete