Life Without An Smartphone

By steambunz - Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Had lived my life nearly a month without an smartphone.


And if you're wondering why...
the answer is pretty simple...


My 2 year old iPhone 3Gs dropped into a toilet cubicle, and the worst thing is...
I couldn't retrieve it.




And how's life without an smatphone?


Well, pretty okay I guess, since I'm still alive after all.
But the first few days made me feel pretty naked. I don't even need to strip myself to even feel naked either.
The constant habit of taking out my iPhone and scrolling through FB, Instagram, etc. whenever I feel bored, keeps popping out. The addiction feeling just makes you feel like "life-is-not-worth-living-anymore".


At the 2nd week, the feeling of loneliness starts to sip in as I was left out from Whatsapp group discussions, yamcha sessions, and heck yes, I don't even know when was the next meeting held!! Life without an smartphone was pretty bad, especially when I'm involved in very very very important meetings as I need to be constantly updated with the latest changes.
Unless you're a really really really important person, even without a smartphone, everyone will still remember you because they'll still need to find a way to contact you. lol.


The 3rd and 4th week is the realization week.
During this time, I was very well aware with my smartphone addiction, and the good thing is that it makes me focus more on my work, and it improves on my face-to-face communication with my friends and family. Although at times, when a friend or 2 will start taking out their smartphones to Instagram the "perfect moment" of theirs, I'll still have that inkling feeling inside of me that misses it. It's like having to think back those nolstagic memories with your ex-... but in fact, it's an ex-smartphone.



And the result?
Less Facebooking.
Less Instagram-ming ridiculous pictures.
More focused on my work.
More fruitful communication with friends and family.

Life was more fun.

...







...

But I still think I need my iPhone back.

lol

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums