10 Sensational Feelings I Missed During MCO/FMCO/EMCO/WhateverCO

By steambunz - Monday, July 05, 2021

It's been awhile since I last wrote. I have been losing my inspiration and motivation to write recently due to the on and off lockdown situation in Malaysia.

While the pandemic situation here tries to improve itself (hopefully), I can't help but mesmerize the events that I missed the most (at 4am in the morning lol).

This list of events are not just physical events, but more of the micro-moments involving the 5 senses—touch, sight, smell, taste, and hearing—that make the specific event so special and meaningful to me.


Hence, here are the top sensational feelings I missed the most during the pandemic lockdown (in no specific order):

1. The Feeling Of Pulling My Luggage Around The Airport


Walking into the airport to check the flight schedule/luggage check-in lane.
Going through the security/passport checks as I made my way to the departure gate. 
Those little things I miss the most :')

2. The Feeling Of Fear & Uncertainty When Travelling Alone 


In most of my solo traveling, I stayed in budget-friendly motels and shared dormitories as low as RM30/pax/night.

Solo traveling for females may be daunting to many, but it was those moments that always kept me on my feet. The fear of being robbed, raped, and other unexpected incidents when traveling alone in an alien country is always there, but going through all those uncomfortable moments helped me build my sense of trust in all my five senses. Especially my six senses.

3. When I Slipped My Cold Hands Into My Pocket When Travelling In A Cold Country


Wearing few layers of thermal wear to keep myself warm.
Chapped lips from the dry wind. Feet that felt like breaking after walking hours in the cold.
Entering a warm restaurant and wrapping my cold hands around a hot cup of green tea.

4. Getting Sun Tanned / The Feeling of the Sun Against My Skin


Although I'm at that age where I'm starting to dislike the sun (due to anti-aging reasons), I still miss the feeling of walking by the beach. The soft sand brushing against my feet and sound of the waves crashing onto the beach.

5. The Grip Of My Badminton Racquet


I feel this the most as it's always my favourite part of any sports.
Missing the net shots, smashes, serves, and many other exhilirating parts of the game.
I think I forgot how to hold my racquet properly liao :')

6. The Comfortable & Soothing Feeling Of A Facial Massage 


The only part of the weekend where I could relax and could declog my face.
Of course, the only part I don't miss is the extraction process. But what the heck, I think I don't mind going through the pain because I really think my face is screaming for SOS.

7. The Feeling Of Dipping My Legs Into A Swimming Pool Before A Swim Class / Swim Workout 


Even if I don't get a chance to swim, dipping my legs into the pool is consider enough for me.
Dipping my legs sorts of prepares my mindset and body that I'm about to teach/exercise. Also, it's the first thing I teach in any swim class.

Many times I sit with my legs in the pool, thinking and reflecting why do I even want to swim today. The water is cold, I have lots of things to do, and my mood feels like shit today. So, why?

Looking back, I think whatever I did, I never regretted.
Just because my legs were in the pool. If it wasn't, I probably would have just gone home.

8. Students Latching On To Me When They Are Scared Of The Water 


Missing my students so much. The part where I missed the most is when my students need assurance to attempt a certain skill I ask them to do. Talking to them and assisting them physically will make them feel more condfident in swimming.

And they super like to be piggybacked/carried around in deep water lol!

9. The Uncomfortable Feeling To Maintain My Running Pace To Achieve My PB  


I still remember the day when I attempted my first full marathon in SCMKL 2018.
The crowd, music, and enthusiam of all the runners at the starting line.
It was 4AM, and I remember looking up as the sky as it started raining with confetti's, telling myself, "This is it, Siew Lin. You're doing this!"

No matter how hard the run, I miss long edurance process that my body is capable to go through (because now I'm fat as a Walrus).
Grabbing and taking small sips of water as I told my body to not to stop. 
Saying thank you to as many event volunteers on the road.
And definitely the fulfilling feeling of clocking in a new personal best.

10. Holding His Hands & Taking A Stroll Somewhere

Anyone who goes through LDR (or even a temporary one) will definitely understand this :')

Holding hands gives a feeling of assurance, safety, and the feeling of being loved.
I think everyone deserves to feel all these doesn't matter if it's a partner, friend or family.
It's definitely one of the best feeling in the world.


* * *

There's probably more in the list, but I guess these are the ones I treasured the most for now.

Let's hope things will soon be better and we all can resume our normal lives again. 
Stay strong and safe everyone!


P.S.: I downloaded these images on my phone but I forgot/can't trace back the original sources of where I've gotten them. So sorry! Please let me know the sources/links if you know them!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums