Financial Difficulties

By steambunz - Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sunday, 9.30am. 30 minutes away before my day starts to get busy.

"Lin!" My shift manager called.

I went into the office. "Yes?"

"Jom! Kira duit," he answered.

He unlocked the huge, cold, hard steel and took out the packets of money.
RM50.
RM10.
RM5.
RM1.

Many times before, I've helped out my shift manager to count profits from last night sales. I remembered the first time I held those cold, hard cash. I had never seen or held so much cash ever in my life.

Seeing it everyday at work became a normal thing for me. I ran short errands for my shift manager which includes banking money and counting them.

They trusted me.

***

I am currently facing some financial difficulties in paying my University course fee as my first semester course fee is not settled yet.

Even after I have submitted the PTPTN loan, I still have to wait for the Government to approve my application, which takes like FOREVER!! Trying to persuade the University to allow me to pay my course fee through installations for my first semester until my loan is accepted.

One fine day, while me and my shift manager was counting the money.
I felt an evil urge to grab all those money right in front of me.

RM8,169.

That's all I need to pay for my semester fee.

If only I could.

If only it is not illegal.

If only no one sees me.

If only I was invincible.




But, that will never happen.
So, it's true that money is the root of all evil, huh?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums