Wesak Day - Garbage Collector

By steambunz - Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I sacrificed my bonus salary just to volunteer for Wesak Day. I was helping out my group, D2YC. They were organizing a major environmental clean up project on Wesak Day. Helpers were urgently needed on that day. Thus, with mixed feelings, I reluctantly went to Buddhist Maha Vihara at 10am. The things I do for friendship and saving the earth :(



Well, recycling is my kind of thing. It's in my blood.

The temple was crowded like mad! The canteen was even crowded!! Thousands of people queuing up to get free food!


Thus, my job was to look out for people whom will be throwing polystyrene food containers into the rubbish bin, and I have to exchange plastic bags once it's filled up. Sounds boring isn't it? Yes, it is. Especially on this freaking hot day! Sweating like nobody's business!


However, to make my job more interesting, I collect rubber bands (which it is used to wrap the polystyrene food container) and open up polystyrene containers to save spaces. I sat on a chair(near the box) when there's nothing much to do.


I was doing okay until this security guard walk up to me and ask me whether I'm local. And, he said, I look like an Indonesian rubbish collector lady.




!%@^&@$!@%#

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums