D2Y Camp-X

By steambunz - Thursday, July 21, 2011

This is stupid. It's already mid July and now, I'm just starting to write about my experience in Camp-X, which was like, one month ago? -.-

It was one of the hardest decision I've made but after attending this camp, I never regretted going. And it has made me for who I am today.


One of the events that I enjoyed most was exercising. The committees made us run everywhere!! The camping area was situated at the peak of the mountain area, so it was kinda hilly. It was really tiring but it made me more healthier :P Imagine doing this everyday, I'll be so freaking healthy!!


One of the activities that I find it not-that-enjoyable is the night activity. The committees planned a ghost night activity and it was actually kinda predictable about the game. Firstly, I know the name of the 'spirit' thing is fake. Secondly, I know there's gonna be a 'pop-up' ghost somewhere during the slideshow. Thirdly, committees will NEVER bring us to meet 'ghosts' inside the candle ring. -.-
Okay okay. It wasn't actually predictable but I had an instinct that's telling me something is fishy about the activity. The committees played it quite well.

I was the one who lead my team of 10 people into the jungle and around the camping area, in the dark. Bro.Wei Wing was our guide. The first station was Bro.Alex station. Tried to calm down the members as they were quite scared. Pity Allen who was the last person behind the group, he admitted he was actually scared. LOL. I admit, I was scared too, even when Bro.Wei Wing is in front of me. But after the first station, it wasn't scary any more. And I was like,"Argh! Let's get this over with it!!" -.-


Throughout the camping experience, I've learn how to voice out my opinions and speak up for myself. I took up responsibilities which I hadn't thought I could handle and I've learn how to get things done through people.

This sounds like I'm studying Management. But, that is actually what is the whole camp all about!! Not entirely, just some part.


***


A few weeks after Camp-X, some of my friends saw a tremendous change in me. I've been speaking a lot lately, with so many crappy opinions. I was no longer the timid Siew Lin I once was but somewhere inside me, I'm still am. I don't really like to talk A LOT unless it was a discussion matter.


Other than that, I've been wanting to mix with a lot of new people lately. I don't know why. I just had the eager to TALK to people and to know about their life and to share stories and experiences with them =.=


Thus, this sums up everything from Camp-X. I would like to thank D2YC and the committees for taking up so much hard work and time to organize an event like this. Thank you for all the sponsors and helpers who had contributed to make this event a success. And lastly, thank you to all my Kalya-Mitra friends, who was with me (or not) throughout my D2YC camping experience. You all are such wonderful friends! :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums