Looking Into The Eyes Of A Child

By steambunz - Friday, July 15, 2011

I don't really fancy kids or babies. I don't hate or dislike them, even though they like to whine and cry a lot. It's just that I'm not into them. Period.


But whenever I look into the eyes of a child, and the little one look back into mine.
With the pure innocent look on their face.
I feel a sense of emptiness.



The expression on their face shows nothing.
No hate.
No discrimination.
No judgement.
Nothing.


But just looking. Into my eyes.



I feel a sense of responsibility.
And I silently prayed.

I wished that you will have a bright future ahead, little kid.
Though I may not live long enough to see you grow, but I hope that I'll be the one to give you that promising future.



And then,

the child cried.

-.-

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums