How I Met D2Y

By steambunz - Monday, September 17, 2012

I flipped through the pages of an old diary and I manage to find this particularly journal entry dated back in 2006. It was my first D2YC camp that I've attended few years ago. And this was how it had changed my life.

P.S: Please pardon my spelling and grammar mistakes. I was dumb back then.

* * *


D2YC Camp
19th-24th December 2006 (Tuesday - Sunday)

Dear Diary,

it's my first time camping and I was pretty quite excited. Tracy and I are joining.


We gathered at the Asoka Hall. There was a lot of people. The registration night was the night when we say goodbye to our parents. My father was there (For those who didn't know, I wasn't close with my father). There was 106 people joining the camp. Everyone was sent to their own groups. There are 8 groups.


My group name is Samadhi. There are 13members in our group. A lot of lengzai's in my group (-.-"). I volunteered to be the group leader assistant. And the group leader was a lengzai name Melvin (not Melvin Seow).


We were suppose to wake up at 5.45am, do puja at 6.30am, morning exercise at 7am and have our morning breakfast at 7.30am. We continued to do this for 4 days.



The daily activities was very fun! Our group were given an egg, and we named it 'ZaiZai'. Every group has one egg. If broken, the group will have to minus marks. So, we were suppose to take care of it until the end of the camp. Unfortunately, I broke the egg on the 4th day of camp during the street party. I wasn't feeling very well that day, but my group forgave me.


The rules were quite strict especially during mealtimes (referring to 'Gua Tang Chi Fan'). Although it's strict, I learnt to be more well-mannered during mealtimes. I also learnt to be more independent, teamwork, self-disciplined, more active, and lastly be more confident in acting. Although, I didn't stand out much in some activities as a assistant.

My first letter and picture from my family that they've sent to me during the camp.

During the street party night, I was sitting alone with Tracy and watching other people dance on the dance floor. The song titled 'The Start of Something New' by High School Musical played. Suddenly, a lengzai in orange shirt sat beside me. He looks familiar, I saw him somewhere before, but I didn't know his name. He told me to go have fun.
Sooner than I know, the lengzai in orange shirt was called Haw Lun (LOL).


I really love D2YC camp! And, I'm surely going to join next year (which I didn't).


Oh yeah, I forgot, on the first day, we were suppose to write short letters to our 'rabbits'. I only wrote once to my 'rabbit'. I'm actually the guardian angel, and the 'rabbit' that I have to write to was Lum Wai Leong. He was in the same group as me. But I didn't know that I'm his 'rabbit' and he is my guardian angel too. -.-"

What my guardian angel wrote


Steffi

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums