Chapter 25.02 : Story of Jude & Jude

By steambunz - Wednesday, February 28, 2018



Hey Jude, don't make it bad… 

Take a sad song and make it better… 
Remember to let her into your heart… 
Then you can start to make it better.


The song played softly from the phone loudspeaker, disappearing into the quiet night background at the park. The stars were shining brightly that night, and no one was at the park except the two of them.

“Did you know this song was written by Paul McCartney from Beatles?”


There was a short pause. His attention was glued to his smartphone, tapping away on his game of Mobile Legends while the song continued to play at the background.


“Oh yeah? What about it?”

“He dedicated this song to John Lennon’s son, Julian, during his parents break up.”

The song continued to play : 

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain… 
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders…


“It must have been really hard for the kid, Julian. You can totally feel it in the song. Right, Jude?”

Again, another long pause, but this time, Jude put down his phone and started singing.


“Hey Jude, don't let me down…
You have found her, now go and get her…
Remember to let her into your heart…
Then you can start to make it better…,” he sang.


She was enthralled by the strong vocal of his voice. She never knew he could sing this well, and it was her first time listening to him sing. Her eyes were glued to him as he sang with his eyes closed, feeling every sensation and feeling as he sang the lines of the song, singing as if the song mattered to him.

He looked at her as he catches his breath, but Jude quickly looked away, trying not to make it looked obvious that she was staring at him the whole time.


“I mean… Can you imagine what the kid went through? The heartaches… the pain… the feeling of being lonely...” She sighed as she looked at the floor while she kicked her legs back and forth simultaneously.

“I wished someone would do the same for me during my time when my parents went through a divorce,” pouted Jude.


Jude dug into his pocket to retrieve his lighter. He lighted his cigarette and took a few puff as he leaned back to look at the night sky. 


“Well, that’s life, Jude. People end up the way they are because of the choices they made. At least both of us have something in common.”



Jude? Why is he calling me Jude?
Who’s the real Jude now? She thought.


Jude, leaned back and look at the sky. Her mind still stuck at the name and the song Jude, but she there were many other thoughts running through her mind.


“Hey, Jude?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think things would be different if I was single right now?”


He took another puff and looked at her.


“Why say so?”

“You know… if I was single right now… I would probably have dated you, you know?”


Jude sigh and shook his head.


“Jude, this will never likely to happen.”

“Yeah, I know,” 

“You know that I do like you too, Jude. But for a couple to stay together, they have to think in a long-term basis. You and I? We’re just different.”


She sighed.


“Yeah, I know, but doesn’t mean we’re from a different racial background, doesn’t mean we can’t be together, right?”

“Yeap, but you need to sacrifice everything. Commitment to serve Allah and no pork for the rest of your lives. Would you?


She wondered for awhile.


“Maybe? Depends. What matter is the now, not the future. You wouldn't know if the person will change in the future right?”

“Yes Jude, that's possible. But not at this moment since you have a boyfriend.”

“And what happens if I broke up?”

“Jude, for you to ever think like that it's not good. It means that you're sending toxic thoughts to your relationship which might affect your actions towards it in the future,” he pointed.

“I'm just saying if, Jude. You may never know these kind of things may happen. People, change.”


He stood up and put his hands on his hips.


“Then I'll be the first to come running to you!”

She sat up.


“You'll be waiting for me? Even when you have another girlfriend?”

“Yes Jude, even if I'm old, single, or become bachelor, or have a wife and children, I will still come running to you.”

“You're crazy! Can you please stay loyal to your wife anot? Don't just because of me you ruined your own family.”

“Hahaha…. I know….”


He sat back down and took another puff on his cigarette before tossing it away.

There was another long pause.


“Hey Jude?”

“Yeap?”

“You know you'll always by my favourite Jude, right?”

“Yeah, I know...
And you'll always be mine too.”


Somehow, it was thanks to the song, that she founded her only Jude.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums