Would You Pay To Get Slapped? Thai Slapping Massage Beauty Regime

By steambunz - Friday, August 30, 2019

"I give you one BIG Thai slap, then you know!" my mom always warned me.

That's my mom's best way of threatening me not to do anything stupid because that was what I usually do to piss her off.

Of course, no children were harmed, and no slaps were ever done.
But out of sheer boredom, I decided to just Google this "Thai slapping" thing to see whether it's real.

And I found out that,
it does exist!!





* * *

According to an article, this Thai slapping method is a beauty regime that helps to minimize the pores, plumps up the skin, reduce wrinkles, and helps "structure" your face.

It is believed that the body has energy lines, and by lightly patting, or slapping, this will awaken those energy lines, at the same time relaxes the muscles.
The slapping also encourages blood flow to the muscles, hence activating the collagen that gives you the plumpy, glowy, young skin (Mistry, 2017).




There is no actual source which claims who first discovered this slapping service, but a Thai lady usually does it (duh!), who is often a certified Thai massage therapist.
The slapping services are also available to any parts of the body, including the boobs and buttocks.

Yikes.

And if you think that's ridiculous, the Thai Health Ministry supported this Thai slapping therapy as it was proven that it does help enlarge the breast. The Government is on their side and even provides support through programs to encourage Thai women to slap their own breasts (Asiaone, n.d.).



Guys, let's take a moment to appreciate and give thanks to the healthy testosterone that doesn't give you man-boobs.


Truly. Wow.
I didn't know boobs can have a good "workout" too.


However, what's going to hurt you more than just the slapping is the ridiculous price.
Price starting from THB 7,400 (RM1k++) to as high as THB 15,600,000 (RM2,158,550) to take a course on slapping (Vice, 2014). Plus, the price was last updated on 2014, taking in the inflation and everything, by now, it should be worth more (if, such services is still in demand in today's date).

Walao eh, so easy money.
You can slap the money across the masseur's face, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind.
I wish I could have started slapping everyone in high school in my younger days and charge them to tell them that I'm doing them a beauty favour to help them grow prettier and handsome. I could be a millionaire by now.

(Pic Source : SuperToastedPeanut, 2014)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums