The Empty Chair Therapy

By steambunz - Monday, August 17, 2020



"Did you know that you can actually talk to an empty chair?"
You're joking I said.

"No it's true. It's a real therapy to help express your thoughts and emotions by imagining someone sitting there on the chair, listening to you."

I paused for a while and gave him a weird look.

He immediately read my mind.
"Of course it's better to do in private. I mean.... You wouldn't wanna let people think you're possessed right?"

I laughed.

But somehow I can't help but to feel oddly spooky when I see empty chairs like this.
Especially after what he'd said.

* * *

And yes, I'm not even kidding.
This is an actual therapy suggested by psychologists and counselors to their patients to deal with emotional and mental difficulties. 

It helps the person to express himself/herself to release any tension and stress of overcoming the difficulties of saying the things that are supposed to be said to that particular person.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums