IBYF 2011 - Badminton Achievement

By steambunz - Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One thing that kept me going in badminton, is because I held on to a dream which I couldn't accomplish in the past.



***

Back in Form 2, me and my "friend" went for badminton competition. We both train hard to play for the school but we weren't professionals. We were just normal "street" players.

My teacher choose my friend instead of me to play badminton singles. I was okay with it at first (I became the sub). However, after seeing the performance of the first match between a "not-so-good player" VS my "friend". It was a total let down because my "friend" didn't take the game seriously, and she's obviously better than her opponent. However, SHE LOST in the end.

From that onwards, I held on to that dream (or is it grudge? :/) to be in a badminton competition. To CRUSH my opponent and not let that badminton incident happen again.

And, finally, that day has come.

***


There were a total of 6 teams (including my team) that took part in the badminton competition. I took part in the women badminton singles. Amy was actually playing for singles but I had to replace her. I played for women doubles as well. My partner was Alex's sister, Dorinna.

The first match was against 'Bubdy'. I manage to get through without any difficulty. I was lucky for the first match. However, I knew that I won't be that lucky at the second match because I knew my opponents would be better than me.

Second match was against 'Inconva'. I lost quite badly. My opponent made me run around and I find it hard to attack her back and as well as making my opponent run.

The third match was against 'BISDS'. I lost this one too. I didn't lose badly but it's obvious that my opponent was better than me.


In the end, I lost the chance on getting the bronze medal for singles. But I manage to win back a bronze for women doubles. And again, it was just pure luck.

***


Even though that I had lost, I feel a sense of achievement. I wasn't aiming to win, I was aiming to have that same experience that my "friend" did a long time ago. I have been longing for this feeling for a very long time, and it felt very good. I had learn and experience a lot that day and I will never forget that.


Then again, I would like to thank D2YC for giving me that chance to play for the team (even though I lost :S). And I would like to thank them for giving me that experience. =)

A BIG Sadhu to everyone of you!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 dim sums