Being Alone

By steambunz - Sunday, September 04, 2011

I spend most of the time being alone. It's not a very sad thing as I find it very beneficial to me. Whether I'm walking, standing, waiting, etc. Whenever I'm alone, I will go deep into thoughts. It's the best time for me to reflect on the things I did.

3 things I will usually reflect on.
Past. Present. Future.



Firstly, I will think about myself.
The things I did in the past. The things that I've achieved. And the things that I can do to push myself further.


Secondly, I will think about my family.
The events that had occurred in the past. My current family situation. And the things that I can give to my family in the future.



I will also think about my friends/colleagues/teachers/lecturers.
I think about the things that made them happy. I will think what's good for them.
I will also reflect on the things that my teacher/lecturer had taught that day. Whether the teachings are correct or incorrect? Whether it will be useful in the future?


Lastly, I will think about the society's well being and the planet.
What can I do to contribute to the society? What can I do to help the people who are in need? How to make a difference in the society? Where can I start?


***

I don't think it's really a meditation process. Many say it is but I'm pretty much sure it's an early stage of self-actualization. I'm not quite there yet, it's still a long way to go. Which requires more worldly knowledge and strong sense of spiritualness.

I will, one day, be a spiritually strong person based on my own beliefs.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 dim sums

  1. nice post :) I am not sure about everyone out there but I love being alone. Err, but not all the time. Somehow, I find that being alone gives you a sense of tranquility and no one is there to interfere with then thoughts ongoing in your mind. So, being a lone ranger has its benefits sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I join. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question.

    ReplyDelete