Chapter 22.16: The Girl Who Was Never Happy

By steambunz - Thursday, September 10, 2015




There was once a girl who waits outside the bus stop everyday after work. She has been taking the public transport for many years, but the girl was never once seen to be happy. The girl would never smile, laugh, or giggle, like the other commuters.

A little boy, who also boards the same bus as the girl, noticed this sad girl everyday and couldn't help himself to wonder why this girl was feeling sad. One day, out of his curiosity, he talks to the girl.

"Why do you look so sad?" ask the little boy.

The girl look surprise. "Me? Sad? Since when?"

"Since every single day of your life!! You haven't been smiling or laughing for quite some time, or maybe for a very long time," said the boy. "Don't you ever feel happy once in your life? Is everything okay? Do you need help? You're not undergoing some suicidal thoughts, are you?"

The girl look at the boy weirdly for a few minutes, and then, smile, for the first time.
It was the first time in his life to see her smile, and it was the sweetest heart-melting smile he has ever seen!

"Doesn't mean I don't smile, or laugh, doesn't mean that I'm sad," said the girl. "There are times I'm not at the situation to be happy, but there are also days where I'll laugh my ass off!"

The girl pause and look away. "I am happy with myself and everything. I am not sad either. It's just that you need to see me in those days when I'm truly feeling happy. You haven't seen those days when I'm truly am happy."

The girl turn to look at the little boy.
"Don't worry, boy. I'm not sad. You just need to see me in those times when I'm not sad! I am happy! You just need to see me in those time when I'm truly am!"

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums