Sejarah ; History

By steambunz - Monday, August 09, 2010

SENTENCED TO DEATH : 115 year old Pudu Jail

It is build in a shape of an "X" to resembles the sign of "surrender".


Probably you have heard the recent news that Pudu Jail is going under demolishing on June 2010.
Built along the road of Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur by the British colonial Government in 1895. Near TimeSquare and LRT/Monorail stations. It's probably one of the most oldest jail still standing in Malaysia. But, now that it isn't, too bad. It is build in a shape of an "X" to resembles the sign of "surrender".



The Government had decided to bring this 115 year old building down to build a bloody shopping mall and a road tunnel to lessen the traffic conjestions.

What happen to the "leaving-a-historic-sign-for-the-younger-generations" concept????

They said that the old building is an eye sore to the public viewers. I'll tell you what is an eye sore!!

SEEING GHOSTS ROAMING AROUND IN SHOPPING MALLS AND MORE TRAFFIC JAMS!!! Now, that is an EYE SORE!!

The reason I'm blogging about this, is because it'll be one of the saddest things to see such an historical building being turned into a noisy busy bloody shopping mall.
At least, keep the walls of the Pudu Jail remaining la, like the Berlin Wall. But, noo...it'll just make your sore eyes bleed profusely. Pfftt...


~ ~ ~

I walk along the historic walls,
I saw the big entrance gate,
Towards it I walk,
And, investigate I did.

I took a peek,
Hands against the rustic gate,
Deserted and abondoned,
It felt so lonesome.

I walk along the historic walls,
I saw the pictures of all,
Walking passed it,
Seeing it no more.


- RIP -

Infos and Stories that you might be interested : 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums