Being A 'Somebody'

By steambunz - Friday, March 25, 2011

It was 10am in the morning when I received a phone call from a friend.

"Hello...," I said, groggily, as I was in the middle of my sleep.

"Siew Siew!!" Came a familiar, cheerful voice over the line.

I groaned. "What you want...?" Came my reply.

"Okay. Just to ask you larh. I saw this advertisement on...."

Yean Lynn started filling me out with details about MTV Exit competition.

"So, I just want to ask for your opinion about the competition larh, since you're the most creative person I know."

"And than?" I asked, started to feel annoyed.

"So, I was thinking that, can Nui Nui and me come over to your house to take pictures for the competition?"

"Fine. Whatever."

***



"Do I have to really do it? 'Coz I feel so lazyyyyyy..." I complained.

I guess no one heard me, or actually, bothered about my complains.

"Can I not join this competition thingy...?? I feel so tired....."

Again, no one heard me.
Sara was busy helping Yean Lynn with her make-up. On the other hand, Yean Lynn was busy with... herself.

"Oh! Fine!! Just give me that black powder!"

***

"If we 3 made it to the top 6 finalists, we'll be sworn enemies, competing with each other," Yean Lynn joked.

"Nahhh... I don't really care. I'd just joined for fun," said Sara, combing her hair to the back.

I sigh. "Aiyah! Whatever larh! If either one of us come out in the top 6, I'll be laughing my ass out man."



At the end, my picture did.

***




First of all, I would like to thank my bestie Heng Yean Lynn. Without her, I wouldn't have heard of this competition, and I wouldn't have participated in the first place. I would like to thank my bestie Sara Nui Kuan Yee for being such a wonderful make-up artist!! However, your make-ups doesn't apply to me, 'coz I did my own make-up ya :P By the way, HOW COME YOU'RE SO GOOD AT MAKE-UP, BUT YOU CAN'T GET AN A FOR SPM PENDIDIKAN SENI?!


Adding on, I would like to thank those who have supported me and giving me their votes. Like I have said, I would not let your votes go to waste!! And indeed, it didn't!!! Thank you so much to those who have helped me spread the word too!! You know who you are :P


Plus,  I would like to congratulate the other competitors too!! You have amazing pictures as well!! Some of them are quite good at conveying messages about human trafficking too!!


Last but not least, thanks to MTV Exit for giving me the chance to participate in this event!! This is my first time for accomplishing something this big! Well, sort of.

Once again, THANK YOU!!!

***

Here's my Twitter interview on Friday, 1st April 2011 at 6pm till 7pm with the MTV Exit team and some random people all over the world!!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums