Hassan & The Pizza Hut

By steambunz - Saturday, March 12, 2011


I knew this was gonna happen.
My first part-time job.

I felt so nervous and anxious about my first job. I was always clumsy and forgetful, which worries me sometimes. I was scared that I will cause major problems and make my shift manager mad at me. I thought I would not get along with the workers there, as all the workers could not speak in English, forcing myself to speak The Rojak Language

My working life did not stay the same after I met him. He was the reason why I look forward to work in Pizza Hut everyday. Though it was hard for us to communicate, but we still manage to understand each other.

His name was Hassan. A young Malay boy, just about my age, or maybe older. Tall, skinny and gelled-up durian hair. I remembered Hassan coming up to me on my first day, while I was cleaning up a table. He did not ask for my name, age, nor my race. He did not look at me either.

He came up beside me and said,"Oh, look. A customer is coming in."

I glanced up, looking at the front entrance. A big, size man came walking in through the front entrance. I was wondering, 'what is it with him'. And these few words I still remember it till today.

And he said,"That is our number 1 regular customer."

After that, we fast became good friends.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums