Working Environment - New Job

By steambunz - Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just recently started a new job as a waitress in a cafe. They are paying RM6 per hour, which is quite a descent salary for part-timers. This is the 6th day I have been working there.


This is an one and only cafe in whole Malaysia. Thus, there are 5 boss (foreigners) who are in charge of this cafe!!! That's like, HOLY CRUTZ?!


Compared to Pizza Hut, the working environment here is so much different than Pizza Hut. At first, I find it quite hard to cope with the change of environment on my first day of work, but than I got used to it and I fell in love with it!!


The reason why I like the environment here is because they provide so much freedom for the workers here!! They can do what they want to do, as long as they WORK. It is less systematic, thus workers can work in their own comfortable way. They can make their own drinks, but not the so-very-expensive-ones. All the waitress/waiters are the cashier themselves. Compared to Pizza Hut, the cashier is only in charge of withdrawing/exchanging money, other workers are not allowed to do any cashing out.


Another reason I like working here is because of the workers. They know when to work, and when to play. They know what and whom to prioritize first. They are willing to teach and help when you ASK THEM. My boss and managers here are very much caring and nice.


Hygiene and cleanliness is above average. Not much of the cleaning is needed. I do not need to wash plates, cups, and cutleries anymore. Yay!! :D


Lastly, more tips and better uniform!!! :D Ngeh! Ngeh!

Thus, there are more things that I actually like, but I am just too lazy to write it all in detail.
I think......

I fell in love with my job! =)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums