That Present.

By steambunz - Friday, October 15, 2010


If you ask me, what is the greatest birthday present in the world? My answer would be the gift from the heart, homemade presents. A gift doesn’t need to be handmade, but as long as it is self-wrapped, it would be the most wonderful thing in the world.

The most valuable gift doesn’t need to be the most expensive one; the most valuable gift comes from the person’s heart who bought it and the how much it means to the receiver.

~ ~ ~

All presents that comes from me, are always handmade. Why? Because I feel happy wrapping it. Even cards, are handmade by me. Though, it may not be the prettiest wrapping paper used, but no one cares, right? ‘Coz the next thing you know, the receiver is just going to throw the wrapper away, no? But, I, value all gift wrappers, and I keep every single wrapping paper when I receive my presents on my birthday. Eco-friendly you say? Yes, I am. But there are other reasons too.
How rare would you find these type of people?

But, then, why are presents wrapped then? To not the receiver know what is inside, right? It gives a sense of surprise to the receiver when he/she opens it. It can either give the receiver a feeling of disappointment or a feeling of happiness.

That’s why, what fun is there if the receiver knows what’s inside the present already. It’s pointless even if you wrapped it with a thousand sheets of paper, by not letting the receiver know what is inside with just a touch of the object. Not only that, all your efforts are wasted.

~ ~ ~

I wish I can take things lightly. It’s just a present, yes, I know. But you wouldn’t know how much of effort that I’ve put in just to wrap one present. You will never know, because you’re not in my shoes. The paper cuts I’ve been through and others as well. What I have in return? Lost in trust and faith. What’s the fucking point I wrap it then. Must as well I just give the receiver the bloody gift and save my efforts and my sleep.

I value friendship a lot. I really do, even more then my relationship with my boyfriend if I have to. I may let people teased me and bullied me, but that means nothing to me. The feelings I show to people are always indirect, but inside my heart, I always mean what I said.
The only thing that can hurt me the most is the betrayal and backstabbing of friendships. It will even probably scar me for life.



In life, the most hardest thing for me to do was to let people know my feelings. Confronting them and as well as forgiving them.
Though, I may have forgiven you, but I will never forget you for what you have done.


Yes, I may be a good friend, but I may also be your worst enemy as well. You may have not seen the dark side of me yet, and you better pray that you won't.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums