The Movie Ticket Keeper

By steambunz - Saturday, November 06, 2010

"Tell me, why do you have to keep all this movie tickets," Kevin asked whilst taking a sip of his Starbucks coffee. "Don't you think it's taking up so much place in your wallet?"

I flipped my hair to the back, reading his face like an opened book.
"Well...there is always a reason to everything, right," I answered.

"Yeah...but, why don't you just throw it away. It's not like you can re-use it again."

I took out my wallet. Ahh, yes, a wallet. A worn out, black leather wallet since have been used those secondary school days. Flipping the wallet open, like the way men do to make payments, revealed a few RM50 big notes inside and a few of my cards.

I slapped down a few movie tickets on the table.
Kevin didn't react. He knew me way too long for my outrageous and crazy behaviour. He took another sip of his coffee whilst staring at the yellow-white movie tickets on the table.

"I kept these movie ticket it's because it meant something to me."

Kevin sat up straight with his eyes opened wide.
"Go on. I'm all ears," he said.

"Well, you see. Each ticket tells a different story," I continued.
I took a ticket in random and showed it to him.

Starting with the first ticket, IpMan2.

"This ticket as you can see, is special to me, because the person I watched it with, was like a big brother. He gave me alot of motivations and leadership to live my life," I explained. "It was my first time watching a movie alone with my brother and with a guy too."

"Hmm...okay...then what about this one?"
Kevin points out to the Inception ticket.


 "This ticket was my first time watching the same movie twice. It was too fantastic that I had to bring my mom to watch it. It was my first time paying for the tickets and as well as watching together with my mom, alone."

"And this one," I continued as I picked up another movie ticket, Salt.

 "This was my first movie that I watched together with both my sisters. We were supposed to attend a wedding dinner until my parents realized there wasn't enough seats for us. So they dropped us at Tropicana City to watch Salt. It was horrible."

"Why?" Kevin asked.

"Because I had to pay everything for the movie tickets."


 "What about this one?" Kevin asked.

Step Up 3.

"This one was because I was hanging out with my besties, Lydia, Sara & Harry. It wasn't anything special. Maybe it's just the movie." I shrugged.
 Grown Ups.

"Lastly, this one was special, because it was the first movie I watched with my college friends."

"The movie wasn't really that funny," I continued. "But the 3 of us was so 'sampat', we brought outside food into the cinema to eat. Ha ha."


"Hmm..." thought Kevin. "But, you've forgotten about this one."
Kevin points out to the last ticket left alone at the side.
"What does this ticket tells," he asked.

Adele : Rise Of The Mummies.

I thought for a moment and smiled. Kevin noticed the look on my face and knew what I was going to say.

"Well," I said. "I had no idea. But the movie sucks."



-End-

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums