A Night At The Hospital

By steambunz - Sunday, October 05, 2008

Have you ever spend a night at a hospital before? How do you feel? Scared? Exciting? You may think you may see ghosts wondering around the hospital late at night, or see nurses or doctors trying to revive a person who is gonna die. Death. Spirits. Spirits of the dead.

Oh, no. You're so wrong. Spending a night at a hospital is far more worse then seeing ghosts floating in front of you. Why say so? Because I say so.

First thing for sure, I hate staying in hospital because, I can feel the pain in my skin watching those yucky needles, blood, etc. Second thing, I don't like it. Last but not least, I'm not afraid of ghosts, because I have faith in God. What? You don't believe me fine la.

Finish? No. I'm not done yet. My story has just begun. Read on.



After my 2nd sister hang up on the phone. She say I'm going to stay 1 night at the hospital to accompany mom.
I ask her, why me?
And she gave me 1 dam lame reason, because....she got zakum at night and she doesn't really love mom.
I ALSO GOT REASON WAD!!! I GOT TUITION AT 8-9pm!!!

Haizz...like courage the cowardly dog, he's famous quote.



The things I do for love...(he usually says that when he wants to save his Merial, or whatever crap he call her)
So...I stayed overnight at the hospital.

Uncle fetch me there.


10pm, At Hospital
chatted awhile before uncle, aunty & merisa left.
Tuition teacher, Mrs Chuah visited mom. Brought chicken essence.


11pm
everyone left. Chee Hou, my cousin brother drop by to visit too. But left 5 minutes later.
helped mom to washed up and get ready for bed.
lights off.
hope onto mom's bed (single bed), slept inside while mom slept outside because of her tube thingy and the doctors wanna take regular check up at night.
mom together with me on bed, hearing radio on her new birthday phone dad bought for her.
a nurse came in to do the check up, smile at me chatted with us awhile before going off.
lights out.


12am
going to doze off.


12.15am
there was a small commosion. heard 2 nurse talking about something.
woken up by the nurse
"adik, bangun," nurse 1 shook me lightly awake.
sit up on the bed.
"adik. tak boleh tidur bersama pesakit.pelawat tak boleh tidur bersama pesakit. duduk di kerusi," nurse 2 say to me. (That FATTY SI GEMUK)
sit on the chair (near bed), lie beside mom's pillow.
mom keep saying sorry for this thing to happen...says she love me.
i just lie there...say nth, just nod my head.
somehow tears flooded my eyes. dun ask me y, coz it's natural. (i hate to hear those words)


12am-2am
sitting on chair.
hearing radio on a headphone from mom's phone.
sienz...2 hours, daydreaming.
hearing light & easy music station (105.70).
just love the old songs. old but not forgotten.
took some pictures. will upload it using mom's phone.
wonder how i manage to daydream for 2 hours sitting there.


2am
lied down.
put down headphone. try get some sleep.
adjst the chair n bed.
mom already sleeping like pig liao =x
see her sleep so nice. see myself sleep on chair n bed n big hole in the middle of bed n chair already can die.
every 1 hour turn new position.
can't.no place i sleep on the chair. cannot find other chairs. other pple occupy liao.


3am
still awake.
an old indian women, just right opposite mom's bed. a few cm away. keep shouting for his son. minutes later. all peace & quiet again.


3.40am
nurses walking in and out of room, starting from 1am till now.
still can't sleep. took some photos in the dark.


4am
the old lady is shouting for his son again. a nurse came in and shush her down.
5 minutes later...everything went quiet again.
the old lady still talking to herself.
this is gonna be a night.


4.30am
feet cold. hands cold. upper arm cold.
realise every 15 minutes, changed new position.
i wonder if i were any taller...how am i gonna sleep...well...it's good to be short


4.45am
i wanna sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...
eyes still wide open
feet cramp
back pain
suddenly, a big commotion happen in the room.
many nurses start ruching in the room to the old lady.
dunno what their doing leh, i think giving injection or whatever crap.
veru noisy


4.50am
lights went off again...now all peace and quiet.
turn around. close my eyes. try to force myself to sleep.
a nurse came to mom's side to make a check up.
wait...it isn't a check up. it's...
emptiying the paste from the packet.
oh my gawd....the bloooooooooooooooooood...n she was squating down beside me emptying the packet.
i shut up eyes. don't wanna see the blood.
ok...can't see...
wait...
what's that smell...
oh...my....gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd....
the smell stinks so horrible...i held on to my breath like...forever...


5am
can't...im so tired...
mom woke up...
call me sleep on the bed.
try to refuse her offer if not later the nurse kick me out...
but then gave up coz too tired and hop onto the bed.
heard my mom say something to the nurse
"Kesian dia la...bagi dia tidur bersama saya la kak...kesiannya la...satu malam sahaja...terima kasih kak..."


Then after that I dozed off straight to the dreamland~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


7am
being shook awake by mom, asking me to wake up....
qucikly got out from bed before the doctors/nurse came in.
help mom wash up
the nurse tidy up the bed


8am
watch mom ate her breakfast.
drank her hot chocho since she doesn't want to drink
so...nice...and warm...@_@


9am
play GameBoy Advance
mom went to sleep again


10am
can't stand it.
eyes can't open...must sleep
dozed off, sleeping together with mom on bed. not caring about those stupid nurses.


12noon
went to accompany mom get hot water
ate a hotdog (pple give my mom d, but she dun wan eat)
then continue play GBA


1pm
refuse to eat lunch
Sara and her mom drop by!!! Yeah!! so happy...but 15minutes later they left coz got other visitors...TT
Kwai Ying aunty and another aunty brought lunch for my mom
Dad drop by same time too, the aunty pretend not to know him and treat him like a nobody. then they left.
dad tried to bring my go eat, but me & my bad behaviour...no matter what he says i refuse to go...
haizzz...my mom say i very bad de the way i talk to him....=.=
she gave me a nagging later


1pm-5pm
play GBA whole afternoon. Mario 3. Sienz...cannot save the file d...
Chee Hou dropped by at 4pm++. then left.


6pm
Uncle finally arrive. So does the other family members.


7pm
say goodbye to mom
finally going home...my home sweet home...


8pm
finally after a nice shower...a 30 minute nice hot shower...
clean clothes....no germs...no air-cond...
just....
C-L-E-A-N

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 dim sums