Love From A Distance {Chapter 5}

By steambunz - Thursday, June 05, 2008

Elaine felt her face go red.

"I love you..."

Silents filled between them. Lessons of teachers teaching echoed throughout the corridor.

"...NOT!!! HAHAHA...!!!"

"Grr..." As Elaine stomped her feet on the floor and folded her arms,"Not funny!!"

"Ai yoh...why your face so red? Haha..."

Elaine covered her face with her hands.

*Splash!!!*

*Tong*

Demetri found himself covered with water. A bucket rolled across the floor. He slowly turned around and saw Mr. Tan glaring at him in folded arms. The whole class burst out laughing.

Demetri bow at him. "Sorry Mr.Tan." And receive a knock on his head.

Elaine started giggling.

"Ha-ha....very funny," as he look at her giggling away.

Elaine handed him a tissue.

"Thanks."

"No problem." She gave him a smile.

He looked away from her. That was the sweetest smile he ever saw from a girl.

School ended early as they thought it would.

ACHOO!!!

"Ai yoh, Ah Low! Didn't I tell you not to play in the rain?! Go and take a shower, you're such a naughty boy arh. Don't stay up late again if not I take your handphone away."

"Yes, Ma. I promise I won't stay up late again."

He rested on his bed. He's too tired to think of anything else as he fell into a deep slumber.

Next morning,

"Ah Low, you're late again! Wake up right now!"

"Ma....I think I can't go to school today. I don't feel well....ACHOO!!"

"Not feeling WELL?!" She barged right into Demetri's room and feel his forehead. It was a high fever. " You don't go school today, go rest, go rest. Mommy will go see the pharmacy and buy medicine for you." As she tucked Demetri in bed and left the room.

Demetri climbed out of bed to go to the bathroom. His whole body was so weak he hardly can walk straight. He climbed back into bed and look out at the window.

"I guess I won't be seeing you today,eh ?"

Demetri spend his whole day in bed reading and sleeping. He was bored...VERY BORED.

Evening came, Demetri thought what Elaine would be doing by now.

*Sigh*

There was a knock on his door. "Ah Low, you got a visitor. A friend of yours in school."

Friend? I don't remember I have a friend who last visited me when I was absent from school.

"Come in then."

The door slowly opened and a figure stood at the door. Demetri looked up from his book. It was Elaine. Elaine gave him a wide smile, ran into his room and hop into his bed like a little kid would do.

"Hello TOADY!!! How is you fever?!" As Elaine gave him a big hug.

"Argh! *Cough *Cough...I'm fine la...and can you stop hugging me? Coz I can't breath...!!!!"

"Oh! Sorry. Haha! Oh, yeah! Here! Your notes for today."

Demetri took the notes from her and look through it.

"You so nice loh. Today you didn't go to school then tomorrow Saturday also no school. *Sigh*"

"Do you ever want to feel how's it like in bed when you're sick when you can go out and being so carefree? Sheesh" As he put the notes on his side table.

"Hey, wanna go out tomorrow? My treat."

"Aren't you suppose to stay home and revise for today's lesson?"

"Nah...I can do that tomorrow. So? Yes or no? Don't want then fine loh."

"Well, I think I can go since my parents won't be home the whole afternoon. OKAYZ!!!" She smiled.

"Ok. So I'll pick you up at your house at around 12noon?

"Fine with me. Hey, can I have your contact number? So that I can contact you if I have any problem."

Demetri thought for awhile. I can't let her know that I'm obscene92.

"Hello? Mr. ugly toad...I ask can I have your contact number or your handphone number or any whoever number"

He got back to his sense. "Erm...I don't have a handphone but would you like my house phone number. Give me yours too." And shot back a smile.

"Okies!"

After they exchange phone numbers, Elaine went home.

Demetri's mother came in and touch his forehead.

"Wah...Ah Low recover so fast liao arh? See girlfriend liao then recover so fast? Not bad arh, next time Mommy no need buy medicine liao. Haha!"

"Ma...she's not my..."

"Ai yah...Mommy know la...no need tell, okay? I go wash the plates, you go rest." As she walk out from the room leaving Demetri in the room speechless.

As Demetri lie on the bed, thinking through today's activity.

Thought I would stand here in the darkness feeling all alone, but it was you who brought me out from it and showing me the brightness of the world.

A smiled came across his face.

{To Be Continue...}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 dim sums

  1. LOL..siew arh...u writeing wad thing??? so many words de..i wil die u noe..F3...LFYing here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZZz...writting story la..zzz...

    ReplyDelete