Love From A Distance {Chapter 6}

By steambunz - Friday, June 06, 2008

"Ah Ma, I'm going out. Will be back this evening."

"Go out where? Go dating arh? Go la, go la. Make sure to come back home arh."

He shook his head as he pushed his bike out the door and begin cycling to Elaine's house.

*Knock*Knock*Knock

"Coming!!!"

Elaine shouted downstairs. As she carefully tied her hair to the back with a purple ribbon. Well dressed with a light purple dress.

As she ran downstairs and ran straight for the door.

"Good morning my princess. Shall I pick you up from your castle?"

As he gave a gentleman bow in front of her. She giggle and gave a light punch on his arm. She closes the door behind her.

"So, ugly toad. Where are we going?" As they both walk towards to his bike.

"Hm...let's see, I shall bring you to the most delicious food restaurant that you've ever eaten in Singapore!"

After the meal...

"Wow! I'm bloated! That's the most tastiest food I've ever eaten since ages! So, where to next?"

"Hm..." He thought deeply for a moment."Ahh! There was one place I wanted to visit for a very long time. Lets go."

Not long, when they arrived to a deserted park. Demetri halt the bike to a stop.

It was a deserted park. The grass was overgrown, the swings and see-saws were old, rusty and haven't been used for a long time. Surrounding the park were all trees. The most interesting part was an big old tree which stood in between the park. Flowers blooming so beautifully on the ground. Although the place was old and eerie, the feeling of peacefulness can be felt throughout the area.

Demetri got down from his bike and walk towards to the big tree. Why would he want to come to a deserted place like this? She followed him closely behind.

Demetri sat under the big tree, leaning against the tree. Elaine did the same thing.

It was so peaceful.

"My father use to bring me to this park when I was young."

Elaine listened in silent.

"He would always tell me stories about himself under this big tree, where we would spend most of our time here."

He close his eyes and drew a deep breath before continuing.

"Sadly enough, he left us from this world too soon..."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Deme..."

"NAH! That's okay! Haha!"

He tried to give a cheerful smile.

"Today is my father's birthday...just wanted to visit this place for the last time..."

He took something out from his pocket. It was an object wrap in tissue paper. He dug a small hole and buried the object.

"C'mon. Lets go"

He got up and begin walking back towards his bike. Elaine got up too and walk slowly behind him when he suddenly stops, almost bumping into him.

"Elaine, I always want to feel how's it like to have a sister. I always treated you like my own sister."

He turned around and smile.

The smile. It wasn't the cheerful smile Elaine use to see before. Hiding beneath the smile was bitterness. Bitter cold bitterness that took away all of her feelings and reminds her loneliness. Her internet boyfriend hasn't been sending messages to her since the day she arrived Singapore.

"Elaine, all I want to ask you. Can you be my little sister?"

A gust of strong wind blew. Demetri caught at her corner of her eyes, were tears flowing out. A thousand spears stab him trough his heart. He haven't saw a girl cry before. The last time he saw a girl cried was at his father's funeral where he comforted his mom.

Elaine begin rubbing her eyes. Demetri walk closer towards Elaine. He knelled down and hug her.

{To Be Continue...}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums