The Lost Siblings {Chapter 2}

By steambunz - Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I can still clearly remember, that I was standing beside her, holding her hand and telling her that everything will be alright.

"Gege...hen re..." (Big brother...so hot...)

She looked down at the tiled floor stage.

"Don't worry mei (sister), it'll be over soon, I promise," I said as I tightened my grips on her tiny hands.

The crickets continued singing in the hot summer.

*Beep!!!*
"Elvin! What the heck you're doing slacking in the field,"Mr.Tan barked.

"...I...erm...,"I snapped back to focus but was speechless to reply him.

"Get going and give me 10 rounds,"Mr.Tan shouted at me till his saliva splashes across my face.

I didn't hesitate any longer and ran around the field track. I caught up with Demetri who was jogging at the field track.

"Demetri! I saw her! I really saw her in my dreams! She was real this time and I was hold..."

"Elvin bro, you know that dreams aren't real," Demetri cut off.

"But I saw her...she was..."

"Elvin!!!"

Uh-oh. Not again.

"Sigh...here, you got yourself in trouble again...,"Demetri said and jogged off.

I slowed down and came to a stop. Mr.Tan was walking furiously towards me. He slammed his check board list on my head. Ouch, it sure hurts.

"What did I told you?! I said, NO SLACKING!!! Stand at the stage as your punishment until lesson is over,"Mr.Tan ordered me and walked away.

I slowly walk towards the school stage which was across the field. I noticed there's a girl standing on the stage. The girl turned and looked at me before she looked back down onto the floor. I stand right about 5 foot away from her. We stood in silence.

I took a quick glance at her. She was 1 head shorter then me, fair, her hair was tied back to a ponytail and a pair of small black eyes. Kinda pretty for instant. Wondered why she isn't in her sports attire.

"Being punished for slacking,"the girl suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

"...Well, yeah..."

"Sigh...boys...,"she shook her head lightly.

"...What about you then?"

"Nah, I'm not into sports."

"Why, not?"

"Cause I have this illness that won't go away and is preventing me to have an active life,"she looked at me and looked away.

"What illness is that?"

"...Asthma..."

All of the sudden, that word strike me in the head.

"Oh, I see,"was all I could say. I looked at her, she was breathing heavily. She seems to be suffocating from the heat.

"Hey, are you alright? You don't look good,"I slowly walked towards her.

"...I...don't...think so,"she tightened her grasp on her shirt as she started gasping for air. Before I could attend to her, she had already fainted onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh,"I gasped.

My heartbeat stops beating. Everything seems to have froze in time. What should I do? There is only 1 way. Or maybe...that disgusting icky way? NO WAY!!!

There weren't any time to think as I carried her in my arms running towards the field.

"HELP! HELP! Somebody had fainted! She is suffocating,"I shouted.

The teachers and Mr.Tan was running towards me.

"Quick! Call the ambulance,"one of the students shouted. I laid her body down on the grass.

"It'll be too late if the ambulance arrived,"Mr.Tan said and continued,"Elvin, you're the girl's only hope..."

I stared at him."What you mean?"

"He meant by giving her CPR you idiot,"one of the students shouted at him.

The girl's face was pale and weak. The poor innocent girl will die any moment if help isn't attended to her immediately!

"I will give you extra marks for your Additional Maths Mid-Term Exam if you do it,"Mr.Tan add on.

Of all the people, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME?! WHY CPR?!

There was no time to waste, as I kneel down and started the process. Everyone watched in silence, filled with anxious and hope. Will she survive?

A few minutes later, the girl started coughing. Yes, she'd survived!

Everyone sigh a sigh of relief. They were glad that she'd survived. The crowd began cheering and praising Elvin for saving the girl's life.

"Good job, old pal,"Demetri said and gave Elvin a pat on the back.

"Yeah, all thanks to that Mr.Tan...my first kiss is gone to a complete stranger who was going to die,"I said and rolled my eyes.

"Cheer up old pal, at least she's a beauty lad,eh?"

"Ye-ah..." I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon! I'll treat you lunch for today for being a hero,"Demetri cheered as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and walked back into the classroom.

...

Elvin held on onto the girl's hand.

"See, Mei, everything will be all right, like I promised..."
{To Be Continue}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums