Love From A Distance {Chapter 9}

By steambunz - Sunday, June 08, 2008

The words from the old letter were written with an ink pen. Elaine barely can make out what it says as some of the ink had already smirked due to the water.

'Dear Ah Pa,
It's been 2 years since you left me and Ah Ma. Ah Ma really miss you a lot. She's well and happy. I will promise you Ah Pa, I will take good care of her. I come here as I have promise, that I will bring the girl of my dreams here, at this park. This girl, now with me, I'm not sure that I have a future with her, but I will make it happen. I will promise that I will only love her and only her. But, I'm scared. I'm scared to tell her how I feel. What if she rejects me? What would have become of me? Shall I not better ask her to be my sister until someday I tell her my true feelings? '

She couldn't continue reading as the leftover words were unable to make out what it read. Elaine put the letter back inside the bottle and went deep into thoughts.

"He was trying to tell me that he loves me, but he was scared because he thought I might reject him...,"Elaine continued,"...he's such a fool."

Elaine got up and begin to walk home.

"Why SO LATE?!"

Elaine mom shouted at her when she reached home.

"Sorry Mommy. I stay back to help Demetri pack up the things after the party," Elaine lied.

"That stupid boy again...Hmph...After you go back to Malaysia, you don't have to see that stupid boy again...Faster go take a quick shower and go to sleep. Tomorrow will be a busy day for you."

"Okay, Mommy." As she slowly make her way up the stairs, carrying a heavy burden for what happen today.

Suddenly,

her handphone drop out from her zipper bag onto the bottom of the double storey stairs.

Oh,no...

She rushed down from the stairs and picked up her handphone. Pieces of the handphone had already broken. She tried on-ing it back, what appear on the screen was a picture of a toad...and then the screen turned black...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ARGH! I'm such a fool!"

He lay awake in his bed in the darkness of his room. Demetri look at his handphone which was laying beside him in bed.

He tried calling her phone many times but it seems it can't get through. He took his handphone and beginning to search 'notprettyenuf85' and try calling her 1 last time, but suddenly something make him change his mind. It's time I change her name already, he thought. He was going to click the 'Edit' button when his handphone suddenly stop functioning.

"Stupid phone." He begin opening the cover to check the battery. He took out the battery when suddenly his handphone went back on. He was shock.

Oh my gosh...I must be dreaming...

Suddenly a toad appear at his screen. Slowly, another toad, which looks like a female, appear beside the toad but quickly disappears before the phone screen goes dead again.

Demetri was in deep shock and kept staring at his phone.

Suddenly the door burst open, which make Demetri jumped from his bed. Demetri's mother came rushing into the room and hug Demetri.

"AH LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Just now I dreamed of your Ah Pa! You know what he told me?! He say that you'll get married someday and he told me he still loves me," Demetri's mother shriek.

"A..h...M...a...h...AH MAH!!! I.........can't....breath...," Demetri gasped for air, his face started turning pale.

"AIYAH! Sorry Ah Low," she released her grasp,"...Mommy too happy liao...I go back sleep. You don't stay up so late arh. Good-night darling."

As she gave a good-night kiss on his cheek and skipped out from his room happily. Demetri started gasping for air. He could hear his mother singing at the next room.

"Ah Pa?" He look at his phone, puzzled.


Demetri tried getting through Elaine's phone. Each time he makes a call, he was hoping she would pick up the phone. But sadly, each call he made was a failure. He tried dropping by at Elaine's house but it seems that no one was home for the whole 5 days straight.

Elaine on the other hand, her mother kept her busy all week long. She was always away from home. She would walk past Demetri's house frequently, hoping to see him. But, it seems that he's not always at home.

Time was ticking, as the both of them haven't stay contact for 5 days. The 7 days were up, as this story is coming to an end to the love story. How will the story end? Will it be the end? Or an happy ending?

{To Be Continue:The Finale...}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums