Love From A Distance {Chapter 8}

By steambunz - Saturday, June 07, 2008

"Hey! Ugly toad! Pass me the jar of water will,ya,"Elaine shouted.

It's been 6 years since after they graduate from high school...

"Can't you wait?!*Sigh* Coming la..." Demetri grumbled.

It was the day they finally graduated from college. Although 6 years pass just like a blink of an eye, they both stick together like brothers & sisters. Through bad times, and good times. They entered the same university and even same college.

After the party, they both spend some quiet time together. The night was peaceful and quiet. Crickets were making never ending noises through the night as if they were singing. The full moon was shining so brightly that lights weren't needed to be on.

"It's been 6 years now. Since we met."

"Yeah...,"said Demetri. "So any plans after college?"

Elaine didn't answer.

"Why so quiet,"Demetri ask feeling puzzle.

"I...will never see you again...,"Elaine look away.

Demetri was shock and speechless for a moment. Elaine got up and begin walking away. Demetri grab her arm.

"What you mean we won't be seeing each other again? You mean you're moving away?"

Elaine slowly turn her head to meet Demetri's eyes. There were tears foaming at Elaine's eyes that remind Demetri of the incident occur 6 years ago at the park. He let go of her.

"I'm moving back to Malaysia...my flight is not untill next week...,"Elaine said and wipe the tears away from her face. "This will give me some time to pack my stuff..."

Demetri was silent the whole time.

"But why? Why not stay here in Singapore? Why not stay here together with me?"

"You don't understand Demetri...I'm engaged to some guy I don't even know...I DON'T KNOW! IT'S MY PARENTS CHOICE!!"

The next thing he knew. Elaine burst into tears.

"Elaine...if you don't love that guy, you don't have to force yourself to married him although it's your parents choice..."Demetri wanted to comfort Elaine but she moved away from him.

"...if only you know how I feel..."

Demetri look confused.

Elaine continued."That the feeling I wanted was a couple's feeling, but instead you wanted me to be your sister..."

Demetri felt heartbroken. He was scared to ask her to be his girlfriend. He was scared to tell her his true feelings. He was scared to be rejected.

"...and...you didn't tell me you were 'obscence92'..."

Elaine show him his messages he send to her.

"All along it was you...but you didn't tell me..."

Elaine could not take it any longer as she ran out from the backyard into the darkness.

"Elaine!! Wait!! Let me explain!!!" Demetri tried to run after her, but it was too dark to know where she ran of to.

Elaine...Elaine...Elaine...

She wasn't sure where she was running to. But, she found herself at the deserted park that she went to with Demetri 6 years ago. She walk towards the tree and bent down to cry.

"All I wanted to say is...*sniff*sniff*...that...Demetri, I love you...I love you since the day we met...I didn't dare to tell you...*sniffles*course that you didn't ask me to be your girlfriend instead you wanted me to be your sister...*sniffles*."

"I knew you were obscence92 all along...I took notice of your handphone...and then..."

Elaine couldn't continue any longer...

Something caught her eyes, at the ground beside her, was an object sticking out of the ground. Elaine stopped crying. It seems it was purposely buried like this so that it can catch someone's attention.

Elaine begin digging the object out from the ground. She opened the object wrap with tissue paper, the tissue paper was torn and dirty. Inside was a small bottle. She opened the bottle cap and took out a small folded old letter inside. She begin reading it.

{To Be Continue...}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums