The Boy On Flight D7-373

By steambunz - Saturday, August 16, 2014



I was quite dissatisfied with myself to switch my window seat with another passenger. I half-reluctantly gave up my seat so that the man and his child could be together.


I was seated in the middle lane, near to the aisle on the right.
I looked at disbelief at the couple and the two child.
The mother and a boy were seated in front, while the father and a boy, much younger, were seated behind.
The mother seems to be busy keeping her passport and belongings.
Her passport was green in colour, and the gold printed wordings on the book that says "The United States".


"Seems like the family is from the U.S.," I thought.


"We're moving! We're moving!" screamed the child with joy, who was seated oppositely behind.


I turned around to peek at the child.
He stared at me with his big, round, innocent eyes.
I smiled at him.
He smiled back, but he shyed away.


I turned to look at my front before turning to look at him again.
I smiled, and he smiled again! But shyed away as usual.
"Daddy! Daddy!" he shook his father.
I quickly turned to look in front before the father caught me staring at his son. Scared that he'll suspect me for attempting to kidnap his son.


Suddenly, the plane took off.
I took a peek at the boy again.
The boy was squealing in joy and excitement! His eyes were wide opened with glee and excitement.
He kept looking out the window as he excitedly clapped his hands repeatedly on his soft thigh.
It was really pure happiness looking at him, being so happy.


And I knew right then...
...that his happiness, was my happiness.

:)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums