Can I Help You? [Chapter 3]

By steambunz - Sunday, December 28, 2008

I was lost in a midst of words.

She's not Chloe? If she's not Chloe...then...who is she?

The lady must have read my thoughts as she just stood there, smiling at me.

"You must have mistaken me for the wrong person, I guess," she said.

"Well...erh..."

I didn't know what to do. So, I just played along to get out from the situation.

"You're not Chloe? Ha ha, that lady in that 7-Eleven store told me that there was a lady named, Chloe, whom just left about a few minutes ago," I laughed, awkwardly.

The lady look at me, filled with curiosity. And, I just realise, I ran out of words to say.

"Well...erh...I better be going back now," I finally said, feeling a little out of the mood and walk past her.

"Sir, wait!"

A voice called out to me.

I turned around and saw that lady again.

"Sir, please wait there."

As soon as she finished saying it, she ran into the 7-Eleven shop.

A few minutes later, I saw her coming out from the shop, holding something in her hands, walking slowly and carefully towards me.

"Here, take my coffee. As for my apology to you for spilling yours," she said innocently.

I looked at her cup of coffee and was about to say something...

"Oh, don't worry. It's my treat," she smiled.

I cleared my throat and said,"No, I was actually thinking if you put any drugs into this coffee."

I pretended to examine the cup of coffee in my hand as she gave me this funny expression on her face that brightens up my mood.

"Thanks," I said. "Don't you think a girl like you shouldn't be out here alone at this time of night?"

"Hmm..I'm actually waiting for my boyfriend to picked me up. But it seems he's coming a bit later then usual."

"Ohh..."

Right deep down inside my heart, I know I don't have a chance. But, oh well, what comes around, goes around I guess. I tried not to act a less bit disappointed.

"Well, it's still dangerous for a pretty girl like you to wait outside here. Why don't we sit on the stairs in front of the 7-Eleven shop while waiting for your so-called-prince to fetch you?"

She sticks her tongue out.

"We," she asked.

"Of course us. I can't just leave a girl like you here all alone in the dark streets, right?"

"As you say so."

We make our way towards the stairs and sat down. We talked about our work, which school we came from.

It was 3am when a Mercedes Benz car turns up opposite the 7-Eleven building.

*Ponk *Ponk

The horn sounded. I hardly can see who was the driver was.

"Well, I gotta go. My car is here." She stood up while brushing her skirt,"thanks for the company. I really appreciate it."

She smiles as I quickly stood up.

"It was my guest. You better be going now. Good night." I smiled back.

After I saw her getting in the car, I just remembered.

I forgot to ask for her name.

How stupid I am!! Why am I so stupid?! Why asking for her name, yet so simple but yet I can't remember to ask?!

"Arghh!!!!! I HATE MYSELF!!!"

I punched the wall, but instead I got back a sharp pain on my knuckles. So, I started my way back to the office, disappointed.

I noticed the same Mercedes Benz driving pass me. I stood still for a moment, looking at the car. The passengers window slowly wines down and a head pops out from the window. That lady again.

And she shouted.

"My name is not Chloe you dumb head!!! My name is Cecelia!!!"

And the car zoomed off into the darkness of the streets. Leaving me behind, smiling all the way back to the office.

[To Be Continue]

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums