Can I Help You? [Chapter 1]

By steambunz - Friday, December 12, 2008

It was the day I met her. That change everything in my life. Even the smallest fraction that can't be repaired, or even the biggest mistake that happen in my miserable life. It was a lesson I've learnt, very precious but yet heart breaking in the end. But, it gave me a new hope in life. Living every single day to the fullest. Untill the day, I can be reunited with her.


Foot steps echoed in my head on the busy streets. Cars started jamming up the narrow road, on their way home from work. The sky roared with thunders. It smells like it was going to rain any sooner.

I was on my way home from work. A ruitine of my everyday life. A hectic day after work. It's good to be home, watching TV, a nice hot shower and a short nap.

It started raining heavily. Darn, I've forgotten to bring my umbrella. Somehow, this reminds me of my mom nagging at me to always bring an umbrella when walking to school. Ahh, those were the days. I'm now living alone, so I guess I have no one to remind me by then.

Drench in the rain, I scanned around my surroundings, trying to find an available shelter. Neither way, all the stores were packed fulled of people.

Then....

...a miracle thing happen as God answered my prayer...

Right in front of me, stood a '7-Eleven' convenience store. Halleluyah! I screamed in my head.
The store was so lighten up brightly, that it looks like I was running towards to heaven!

Funny, as you can say. I was the only person there. But, who cares anyway?! I got the whole place to myself!

I started feeling hungry. I read the time on my watch. It was nearly touching to 7.30pm and it was already pitch black outside.

I started to scanned the whole rows of neatly arranged snack foods, seeing if anything catches my eyes.

Suddenly, I just remembered one of those delicious crackers I used to love to eat. I started searching the whole store for that mouth watering crispy crackers. I must have them!!!

After 30 minutes of searching every single crackers in the store. I gave up. There wasn't any crackers I want.

I saw a young lady at the cashier counter. I wonder if she knows any of the crackers I want are sold here.

I walk up to the counter and was greeted by the most beautiful smile I ever saw.

That was when...

I met her.

"Good evening, can I help you?"

[To Be Continue]

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums