Wesak Day

By steambunz - Monday, May 19, 2008

Mom forced me to wake up at 7am. Sit up from the bed, groans, mom went out the room, I fall back asleep.=.=ll Mom came in, pulled my leg untill nearly fell onto floor then finally get up n get ready. My nose was bleeding...=.= HaizZ...alwayz happen at least twice a year. Is that a good sign or what?

7.30am, went to Maha Vihara Temple, Brickfields. Alot of people preparing and setting up the stores outside the temple. Saw many beggars with no legs/hands. My heart ache for a minute. Is this world really cruel?

Then, I was given a job for the shrine offering. So, stand at the outside the shrine hall giving out strings (done this job for 3 years, wanted a diffrent job though).

Alwayz hear the same thing over & over again :

Please step forward and fill the boxes on my left & right. Leave the middle lane empty.

*After blessings...

Those on my right, please use the exit on my right, those on my left, please use the left side of the exit. On the way out, please do not touch the statue as to respect Lord Buddha. May you and you family be well and happy.

Zzzz...the volunteers who I were helping were, first timers.-.-''

So, they weren't really friendly though. Didn't talk much. Teach them "how" to give out strings.

Like the ones stated below :

1st, when the person ask for more strings, just give them the bunch of strings to them, dun so selfish need to count to be the exact number to give them...=.=ll

2nd, smile & look at them (even how ugleee they are) & say "Happy Wesak"

3rd, got sum pple will ask you help them tie the string on thier hand...=.= just...tie bah...=.=ll

4th, dun pick up the string which fell onto the floor & give it to pple...No manners...=.=ll

5th, ....there's no 5th...=.=ll

So, tatz all bah. I work the longest coz the two helpers (which I didn't bother asking thier names went off early. At 11am went off. My morning shift over. So went to other temples with mom and pray pray loh. Got 1 temple give free food. Haizz...my mom so terrible, anything that is free must go have the chance to take...=.=ll...ended up eating there. Mom eat so slow, so I walk home with my little braddy cousin.

Saw Su Han with her parents/family and Tracy's cousin with thier parents/family in the Maha Vihara temple.

As usual, I met quite some interesting people. Some people very grumpy (can see thier face expression d), some so....LCLY (lan ci lan yong...=.=), some...no manners & rude and some who were sweet & nice people who would smile back at you and say "Happy Weask To You Too". Aww...^^ The people mostly ask me for thier help, which was...ok la...=.= nice to communicate with people.

Saw St.John People taking thier duty. Got leng zhai...wootzz...hehe...but saw them walking around the same place over again wan ?=.=ll ok la, thier badges were pretty cool (how come I dun get to wear them...T.T)

So...I think tatz all bah, they give us free food for helpers in the temple. The food...not really nice gua...=.= but can say, Can Eat To Survive...=.=

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums