The Lost Siblings {Chapter 3}

By steambunz - Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Oh, you're my hero!!! Muackz Muackz Muackz!!! You save my life!!! Muackz!!!"
"Thank You! Thank you!! Hohoho!!!"
Elvin was having one of his ridiculous dreams again...this time, more ridiculous then the dreams he had. He was giggling and laughing away in his sleep.
"Psst...get up,"Demetri whispered.
I moaned,"What is it...."
"Get up, you big fat pig..."
"Whatever, just let me go back to sleep..."
It has been 2 weeks, after saving that girl's life. I wonder how is she doing. I was being shook awake by Demetri.
I was about to drift off into one of the most wonderful dreams again, when something hit me hard on the head.
"Ouch," I jumped from my seat. The whole class started giggling. Demetri looked away from my direction.
"Yes? Mister Evlin Tan? Is there any questions you wanna ask," Miss Lee asked.
"Erm...no m'am," I blurted.
"If you don't have any questions, can you please pay attention and not disturb the class."
"Yes, Miss Lee." I sat back down again. Felt my face go red in embarrassment.
After tuition,
"You arh...always like to sleep...call you pig better," Demetri complained.
"You arh...always like to disturb me...call you a troublemaker even better," I said while rubbing my sore head. Demetri rolled hi eyes.
"See you tomorrow old pal. Don't sleep so much, maybe next time you end up being Sleeping Beauty," Demetri teased before walking off.
"Cya pal."
I sat down on a bench and waited. Waiting for my mom to come fetch me. Tiredness overcome me, I felt like sleeping...again...I was about to drowse off to sleep again when I was being shook awake again.
Oh God!!! Why can't you just leave me alone and let me sleep?!
"What is it?! What the hell you want now...Can't you just let me sleep in peace just once...," I said with my eyes still closed and wave my hand furiously to shooed Demetri.
"Erm...sorry...can I borrow your calculator for awhile,"a tender soft voice asked.
Hey, wait a minute. This isn't Demetri's voice. Or maybe Demetri was sounding like a sissy girl to trick him? I opened my eyes, and to my horror, a girl was standing right in front of me!!! I almost jumped up in fright. It was that girl whom I saved last week.
"Erm...Yeah!!! Here!!!"
"Thanks,"she smiled.
Oh my God! Am I dreaming or what? This is definitely a dream. I pinched my right arm. Ouch!!! Okay, I'm definitely not dreaming.
"Here, thanks," she gave me back the calculator.
"No problem..."
"Hey, didn't we met before in the field last week,"I asked
"I beg your pardon. I don't think we met before."
That's strange. We just met 1 week ago, how can she forget me? Even after I saved her life.
"Oh, I see. But I remember saving your life while giving you CPR that time."
"Excuse ME!!! What did you just say,"she shriek.
I decided to drop the subject.
"No la, joking only. Ha ha..."
"Hen sui de ni..." (You so bad...)
Suddenly, she started suffocating again. It was one of her asthma effects like the other day. She quickly scramble to find her inhaler in her bag. She took it out and started inhaling it. Her asthma subsided.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. No worries," she said. Her face was pale.
"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name yet...,"I asked.
"Samantha. Samantha Tan. Yours?"
"Hey!! Our surname is the same.Ha ha.Elvin. Elvin Tan. Nice to meet you Samantha," I greeted as I held out my hand to shake hers.
*Ponk *Ponk
A red Mercedise Benz pulled up in front of the gate.
"I better be going. Goodnight,"she said.
"Okay. Take care of yourself. Goodnight."
She waved goodbye to me before the car disappeared into the deserted streets.
So...her name is Samantha...
{To Be Continue}

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums